Join on Twitter
Are you looking to spend dedicated time each week engaging with an awesome group of fellow writers? Look no further. The #StorySocial Twitter chat is the place to be.
Every Wednesday night at 9pm Eastern, I host this hour-long chat that sees an average of over 50 weekly participants. Throughout the hour, I pose 5 - 6 questions that keep the conversation rolling on the night's topic.
What kind of topics do we chat about, you ask? Here are some that we've discussed in recent weeks:
- Creating well-developed villains
- Streamlining your writing process
- How to promote your book on Twitter (how meta!)
- Giving + receiving critical literary feedback
- Becoming a smarter reader
- Building the perfect writing routine
And many more!
But how can you join the chat? Easy. Here are your 5 steps to chatting success:
- Create a Twitter account.
- Log in to Twitter at 9pm Eastern on Wednesday nights.
- Enter #StorySocial in the search bar.
- Click on the "Latest" tab to view the up-to-date conversation.
- Follow along with the questions, interact, and make new friends!
(P.S. Don't forget to use the #StorySocial hashtag in your own tweets to ensure that they show up in the chat feed.)
And if you want to kick your chatting experience up a notch, use this tutorial to set up a more stream-lined, easy-to-follow chatting experience via TweetDeck.
This will make replying to questions, catching up on chat notifications, and keeping up with the feed a million times simpler. Case in point? It's the very web app I use to host the chat. (And yes: it's 100% free!)
Ready to join the #StorySocial community? Click here to follow the #StorySocial Twitter account. You can also use that shiny ol' button below to sign-up for weekly #StorySocial email reminders that arrive directly in your inbox. Hurray!
- How to Finally Wrap Up Your Novel Project (2/1/17)
- How to Publish Your Novel With Pride (2/8/17)
- The Importance of Taking Writing Breaks (2/15/17)
- How to Intentionally Improve Your Writing Skills (2/22/17)
- How and Why You Should Create a Writer's Mission Statement (2/29/17)
- How to Craft Brilliantly Flawed Characters (3/8/17)
- Exploring the Basics of Character Arcs (3/15/17)
- Creativity vs Productivity: Finding Balance in Your Writing Life (3/22/17)
- How to Write Epic Story Conflict (4/5/17)
- My 5-Step Guide to Finding Your Ideal Reader (4/12/17)
- Use Your Ideal Reader to Better Write & Market Your Books (4/19/17)
- How to Organize Your Writing (4/26/17)
- Using Social Media to Grow Your Fiction Readership (5/3/17)
- Exploring the Many Ways to Structure Stories (5/10/17)
- Choosing Between Traditional and Self-Publishing (5/17/17)
- How to Set Smart Writing Goals (5/24/17)
- How to Stay Inspired When Writing Gets Tough (5/31/17)
- Tips for Conducting Epic Story Research (6/7/17)
- How to Craft an Epic Anti-Hero (6/14/17)
- Can we write effective prologues? (6/21/17)
- Choosing an Amazing Title for Your Story (6/28/17)